Savoury cheese waffles
These savoury cheese waffles went down a treat this morning. The perfect Sunday brunch in my opinion!
Here’s the recipe (makes 4-6 waffles):
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl combine 75g self-raising flour, 75g almond flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 75g mature cheddar cheese, 1 tsp English mustard and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Crack in 1 egg and mix well.
- Gradually pour in 250ml milk, stirring so that there are no lumps, until combined.
- Ladle the mixture in to your waffle maker (you may need to do this in batches), then cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve. I enjoyed mine with avocado, a grilled bacon twirl, a soft boiled egg and balsamic glaze.