Chunky monkey banana bread
With the weather being so indecisive I decided to go banana(s)… bread and created this recipe for chunky monkey banana bread. On a chilly August morning that feels more like October, there’s nothing better than cutting into a squidgy slice of banana bread that’s still warm from the oven. I added cacao powder and a couple of scoops of chocolate whey protein to the mix (maybe I should call it hunky monkey instead!) and drizzled it with peanut butter once it was out of the oven. Yum.
Want to give this a go? Here’s the recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a 900g loaf tin.
- In a large bowl mix 200g flour (I used a mixture of coconut and almond) with 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein, 2 tsp of cacao powder and 1 tsp each of baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add 100g coconut oil/butter and rub in with your fingertips so that the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mash two large ripe bananas then add to the mixture, along with 2 eggs and 100g coconut sugar and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in to your loaf tin, level the surface with a spatula, then top with banana slices.
- Bake in the oven for 1 – 1.5 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Drizzle the top with warmed peanut butter before serving.