Sweet potato porridge with bacon & maple syrup
Bacon and maple syrup make everything tastier. Fact. So when creating a sweet potato porridge dish, I knew that bacon and maple syrup would make excellent additions and I wasn’t wrong.
Here’s how you make it:
- Prick a sweet potato with a fork then microwave for 5 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, grill a couple of rashers of streaky bacon, then place on kitchen paper to absorb extra fat and set to one side.
- Measure 40g of rolled oats then place in a medium saucepan. Scoop the flesh out of your sweet potato and mix with the oats.
- Add 100ml milk of your choice (I like almond milk) and 75ml water, then heat your porridge gently, stirring until thick and creamy.
- When the oats are nearly done, add a pinch of smoked paprika and a tsp of maple syrup.
- Serve in a bowl, top with the bacon and an extra drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!